Wednesday, April 25, 2012

College at Boise State

Hi, my name is Dan and I am seriously considering moving out to Boise with my friend to attend Boise State. We just wanna try something and Boise is reasonably priced. Do you think it is a good idea? Is it a fun city? And how is Bogus Basin? I know its no sun valley but how does it compare. Please help me out!



College at Boise State


Dan, I attended Boise State back in the stone age, I mean the disco age, and I had fun. Boise has grown a lot since then. I%26#39;ve heard there%26#39;s a great nightlife downtown. Bogus Basin has good snow and it%26#39;s close to Boise. There is a lot of other outdoorsy stuff to do as well. So yeah, I think that attending Boise State is a good idea. What%26#39;s your major?



College at Boise State


I will be a marketing major....thanks for the info though, i appreciate it and i cant wait to get out of michigan and get to boise!!!




I don%26#39;t ski, but we have friends that go from Boise nearly every weekend. Check out bogusbasin.com for info. I%26#39;ve driven up there a couple of times in the off season. Plenty of switchbacks!



Boise is a great place to live and study. It%26#39;s a smaller city, but still has a greenbelt by the river and spacious parks near the BSU campus. The state politically is one of the more conservative in the nation (my preference), but Boise has attracted more liberal elements just like every other college town, so there%26#39;s an interesting mix. Lots of Starbuck%26#39;s downtown, a great food co-op.



Boise struggles with growth, people are pouring in from all over. As a former East Coaster, I remember reading when Boise had only one murder in a particular year (maybe in the 1980s) because transients didn%26#39;t come to Idaho. Idaho isn%26#39;t on the main drag, or maybe it is but only recently. :-)



As with any college, the best way to research it is to visit. Boise has a brand new modern airport conveniently located in the city. Come on out!




I too attended BSU in the stone age...1988-92. FABULOUS.





No real Greek system but the on-campus housing and surrounding off-campus housing was adequate and still a blast.





Lots of great skiing around, hiking and biking, fishing, camping, hunting. McCall is a total party in the winter and summer, and Sun Valley, well, we all know how much fun that can be. (ogus is a great little ski area and so nice to be close by...)





The BSU campus is still nice and small, and while the growth in Boise is pretty crazy, t%26#39;s still a great small town to be in.





Go for it!




tutdown7,





Do it! I attended BSU about 2 years ago and loved it. I have had many many friends graduate from there as well. You would be coming at such a great time. They have major plans to expand the campus and are adding a ton of new degrees, programs, and PHDs. I can vouche for the nightlife as well. With all the attention Boise has been getting lately, businesses, bars and restaurants are going up everywhere!





As you know, Tamarack just opened and Bogus Basin is awesome!





Let me know if you have any other questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment