Saturday, April 21, 2012

cool weather

Gonna spend some time in Idaho next summer and wondered where to go to beat the heat - Stanley area should be cool, but any other places with a little elevation?



cool weather


Are you going to be in one area of Idaho? Very large state so a variety of climates. North Idaho (Coeur d%26#39; Alene, Sandpoint, St. Maries, Bonners Ferry) generally have a cooler summer than the rest of Idaho except for the high elevation locations like Stanley. North Idaho is at a relative lower elevation( 2,000 foot valleys, 7,000 foot peaks) as compared to most of the rest of Idaho.



cool weather


I think Northern Idaho is absolutely beautiful. We live just north of there (in Alberta) so we get down there a few times a year. Sandpoint and Couer d%26#39;Alene are great little cities.





Eastern Idaho and the Tetons are also beautiful, and the southwest part of the state is also very nice......... I am beginning to realize as I type this that I have a hard time picking a favorite part!





I think if I were pressed hard enough, I would have to stick to my first answer. The Northern pan handle is probably my favorite part of the state, and the temps are pretty easy to take, certainly much cooler than NM in the summer!





Have fun planning, and I hope you have a great vaca!





- CG




Thanks for the replies - we have spent quite a bit of time in N. Idaho, and it is lovely, but we are looking for someplace that would be higher altitude.




have you ever thought of sun valley area...tooo many things to do there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment