Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Super 8 motel

Hi,



We have booked into The Super 8 Motel in Coeur d%26#39;Lane and wondered if anyone has stayed there. It sounds nice and is reasonable. Also, we have stayed in Coeur D%26#39;Lane many times but I am wondering if there is a city Art Gallery and its location. Are there any quaint coffee places that are frequented by locals. We like to get off the regular touristy areas sometine. Thanks,



LuauLady



Super 8 motel


I haven%26#39;t stayed at the Super 8, but I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;s clean and reasonably priced. It%26#39;s a little off the ';main drag';, but if you%26#39;ve stayed here a few times you already know that.



Here%26#39;s a link to the local galleries



fyinorthidaho.com/Dining-Entertainment/Arts-…



Sherman Ave. across from the CDA Resort has quite a few smaller art shops/galleries too.



There are a lot of coffee houses now, but most of them are fairly new. Coffeeville is the largest and it%26#39;s on 4th. I know there are some old places like the Owl Cafe on Govt. Way in Hayden that are where the real old locals hang out.



nidahodave has been here longer than me so he may know some places.... If he doesn%26#39;t see this post, I%26#39;ll ask him to check it out and see if he has any ideas.



Super 8 motel


Thanks KirkandMimi,



We will definitely check those out. I%26#39;m sorry we will be too late for the summer theatre series but will check out the arts web site. I sThe Beach house still great?. We ate there last year and it was lovely The Owl Cafe sounds interesting. Thanks again,



LuauLady




Couple more local place%26#39;s: Michael D%26#39;s at the east end of Sherman is a great breakfast / lunch place. Moontime Pub is a great lunch / pub and is located on the east end of Sherman. On the north end of town there is Tomato Street Restaurant on Appleway which is more local and also the Blue Plate cafe north on Government Way in Hayden is a local lunch place.




LuauLady



I just drove past the Beach House Restaurant -- beautiful sunny drive along the lake. I haven%26#39;t been this season (they%26#39;re not open all year), but I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;s as good as ever. You can%26#39;t beat the atmosphere.



I%26#39;ve been still trying to think of quaint coffee places that are frequented by locals. I know Davis Donuts on Best and 4th has good donuts and a lot of locals will go there in the morning -- not sure if that qualifies though. When I think of locals, I%26#39;m thinking of long-time residents. Hard to find places where they hang out other than the Owl Cafe and maybe Davis Donuts.



There are literally thousands of new residents in the last few years, and they hang out at all the newer coffee places, and there are a lot. Sherman Ave has a bunch of new cafes, wine bars, bistros, you name it, and they%26#39;re pretty busy all the time.




Thanks everyone,



We have lots of choices now, awesome!! I just don%26#39;t like to always go to the chains as I like to get a feel for the city we are visiting. We were at Tomato Street last year and had a great meal. Will definitely try some of your suggestions.



If I might ask another ,probably silly question? We are going to Silverwood and wondered if they provide towels in the Water park.



luaulady




That%26#39;s actually a good question and I didn%26#39;t know the answer -- I asked my daughter, who has a season pass to Silverwood, and she said they don%26#39;t provide them. She did say that you can buy them there, but I have a feeling they%26#39;re pretty expensive.



Have a great trip and ask questions any time.




Thanks,



We will pack our beach towels, will probably need them anyway.Do you know if any parts of The Hiawatha Trail are suitable for walking or is it just for bikes? Thanks a bunch,



luaulady




The Hiawatha is open for bikes or walking but almost all are on bikes. What some people do is go to the trailhead at the East Portal in Montana and walk through the 1.6 mile tunnel, you would need flashlights. You can rent bikes, bike racks, and everything needed to bike the trail at the Lookout ski area on the Idaho / Montana border. Web site is : www.skilookout.com I highly recommend the Hiawatha, its an easy all down hill ride with a shuttle bus back up to the top, suitable for all ages (my 80 year old father has done it twice), and hard to match scenery and history.




There are some spots for hiking on or very near the Route of the Hiawatha. I%26#39;ll paste a link to some information about that and a few other routes. I know nidahodave knows more about the trail than I do, so I%26#39;ll ask him to respond with any personal information when he gets a chance. That whole general area is beautiful. If you%26#39;re around there check out the city of Wallace and the Cataldo Mission if you haven%26#39;t already.



This link will give you specific information about fees and ';rules'; (no dogs allowed on the trail for instance).



friendsofcdatrails.org/Hiawatha/index.html




Awesome, You guys are the best. We like to hike but are only average hikers, not the best on hills. We do Tubbs Hill every time we visit. We are in our fifties and have done lots of camping and fairly strenuous hikes in the past but will check the trail out for sure. We%26#39;ve driven through Wallace but not spent any time there. I wish we had more than 4 days to do everything we%26#39;d like.



Cheers,



luaulady


  • oil acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment