Saturday, April 21, 2012

Visiting the Twin Falls area

We will be spending a few days in Twin Falls in October. Are there any lodge type facilities in the area? We would like to have a few days of R %26amp; R, see some of the local attractions and view the scenery. What is the weather like in mid Oct?



Any suggestions as to what a tourist should not miss while passing thru the area?



Thank you.



cg



Visiting the Twin Falls area


Wow, I feel like I should know this one! But ...





The weather has been unseasonably warm and gorgeous lately. During past soccer seasons, we%26#39;ve been blown across the fields by cold, cold winds. And Halloween is always bitterly cold. When will the weather turn? I just don%26#39;t know!





There is a bed and breakfast in Hagerman which is a tiny town maybe 30 miles from here. (It%26#39;s actually several degrees warmer there than in Twin, so most of our local produce comes from there.) It has a German name. Hopefully I%26#39;ll have time later today to research it for you. I don%26#39;t know anyone who has stayed there, but I%26#39;ve had lunch at the restaurant and it%26#39;s quite good.





You%26#39;ll have to see Shoshone Falls, although I don%26#39;t know if the water is running. It%26#39;s taller than Niagara Falls, but not as broad, quite a marvel whether the water is running or not.





The Perrine Bridge is lovely and you%26#39;ve probably read here about the bike path that runs along the rim of the canyon. If our current weather holds for you, that would be a great way to spend a leisurely afternoon. There is a welcome center right by the bridge with friendly locals who could direct you to more sights in the area. Then again, by this time it%26#39;s usually turning cold so I honestly don%26#39;t know if the welcome center is open now or not. It%26#39;s manned by volunteers -- I hope they%26#39;re still open!





Being a soccer Mom keeps me away from the tourist attractions this time of year. Sorry I can%26#39;t be more helpful!



Visiting the Twin Falls area


I found the b%26amp;b. It%26#39;s call EIntisch Inn and the phone number is 208-837-9099. It says they have two cottages. If I come up with anything else, I%26#39;ll let you know!




I was in Twin Falls and traveled as far north as Stanley last weekend. The colors had started turning in Twin... from Hailey on north they were at their peak and absolutely gorgeous. Stanley was 25 degrees at night but up to 75 during the day. While in Twin Falls, don%26#39;t miss breakfast at the Buffalo. A day trip up to Sun Valley and the mountains is definitely worth it as well. Great for hikes, pictures, and de-stressing.




Today we%26#39;re having rain. I haven%26#39;t checked the temperature yet, but it%26#39;s been fairly warm still. I love the rain here. It%26#39;s a welcome diversion from the typically arid climate.





Please check my earlier posts for restaurant recommendations. I would add that lately, we%26#39;ve been going to the Garden Cafe for dinner and it%26#39;s been consistently high quality food and service. I absolutely adore their ruby red trout. I%26#39;ve had it once with a wasabi crust and twice with a basil/Mandarin orange preparation. My husband likes the filet and the cajun-style salmon. And on weekends, the Garden Cafe is easier to get a table immediately than Jaker%26#39;s or Rock Creek or one of the chain restaurants. Oh, and the tomato bisque at Garden Cafe (served at lunch and dinner) is out of this world. I like it with the veggie wrap for lunch.





When are you coming? :-)




Hi Jannelle:





Thank you for your great advise. I am going to be working close to twin falls and I wonder if I could call you once I am there to get more ideas.





Please reply to my email isa7525@yahoo.com





I am Mexican and I am a management consultant. One of my clients has a company over there.





Thank you for your help





Lou




Perhaps we could communicate in this forum for now. I would love to meet you for lunch sometime, but I am apprehensive about losing anonymity at this time. The Magic Valley is actually a ';small town'; area and my husband%26#39;s name appears in the newpaper sometimes. Some people like him, others don%26#39;t. I am perhaps a bit overly concerned, but the world is a different place now.





That%26#39;s exciting about your consulting work. I studied Spanish through high school and college. I%26#39;d love to be able to use it someday. I may take a Spanish conversation class at the College of Southern Idaho next semester. It%26#39;s a big time commitment and it%26#39;s $400. Could I really do homework again? We%26#39;ll see.





Good luck with everything! Let%26#39;s stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment